DC Transit PCC eastbound on Route 40 at 1st and East Capitol Streets.

DC Transit PCC eastbound on Route 40 at 1st and East Capitol Streets.

DC Transit PCC on Route 40 Eastbound at 1st and East Capitol Streets.

DC Transit PCC on Route 40 Eastbound at 1st and East Capitol Streets.

DC Transit PCC at Branchville Maryland Loop (Old Time DC).

DC Transit PCC at Branchville Maryland Loop (Old Time DC).

DC Transit PCCs on Route 72 (1960).

DC Transit PCCs on Route 72 (1960).

Capital Transit PCC eastbound at 15th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue NW.

Capital Transit PCC eastbound at 15th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue NW.

Commuter Rail. From 1896 through 1941, the Rosslyn Virginia neighborhood was a commuter hub for electric rail service, with three lines connecting Washington DC to Alexandria and Mount Vernon in one direction, to Fort Myer, Arlington Village, Nauck and Green Valley on a second line, and to Cherrydale, McLean, and Great Falls on a third line.

Commuter Rail. From 1896 through 1941, the Rosslyn Virginia neighborhood was a commuter hub for electric rail service, with three lines connecting Washington DC to Alexandria and Mount Vernon in one direction, to Fort Myer, Arlington Village, Nauck and Green Valley on a second line, and to Cherrydale, McLean, and Great Falls on a third line.

Capital Transit Dupont Circle Underpass Construction, July 15, 1949 (DDOT Photograph Collection) (Ron Tutt).

Capital Transit Dupont Circle Underpass Construction, July 15, 1949 (DDOT Photograph Collection) (Ron Tutt).

WRECo operated one double-deck steel streetcar in Washington from From 1913 to 1917. It was built by the Southern Car Co in High Point, NC. A year earlier they had provided ten conventional center-door cars (#651-660). At first WRECo called it #1000. When the upper deck was removed in 1917 it became #661. After the CTCo merger it became #895. In 1939 it became scrap (Jonathan Orovitz).

WRECo operated one double-deck steel streetcar in Washington from From 1913 to 1917. It was built by the Southern Car Co in High Point, NC. A year earlier they had provided ten conventional center-door cars (#651-660). At first WRECo called it #1000. When the upper deck was removed in 1917 it became #661. After the CTCo merger it became #895. In 1939 it became scrap (Jonathan Orovitz).

Eastern/Lincoln Park Car Barn (14th and East Capitol Streets) (Old Time DC).

Eastern/Lincoln Park Car Barn (14th and East Capitol Streets) (Old Time DC).

Capital Traction #303 with trailer #1512 at Mt. Pleasant loop on April 15, 1959.

Capital Traction #303 with trailer #1512 at Mt. Pleasant loop on April 15, 1959.

Pinterest
Buscar