Pages | via Facebook La Cienega stream near El Rancho de las Golondrinas (Ranch of the Swallows) built along it in 1710 as official El Camino Real rest stop – the northernmost one before travelers reached Santa Fe from Mexico City. .The Curtin–Paloheimo family acquired it (1932(, restored historic buildings. The Morada de la Conquistadora on Calvary Hill was modeled after a penitente morada in Abiquiu. The ranch opened as a living history museum in 1972. Photo: www.golondrinas.org.