Built in 1889, the Pierce-Morse block was designed by architects Comstock & Trotsche, who were known for building the finest buildings of their time, the Villa Montezuma among them. Their office was housed in this building and E.W. Morse also occupied a suite of rooms there. To quote the Golden Era, September 1889 issue "It is 5 stories and great basement and lofty tower, is of metropolitan architecture and appearance." Sadly, it was torn down in the 1950s.